Benjamin L. Caplanbcaplan@boothllp.com
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Environmental and Land Use Law
- Toxic Tort and Products Liability
- Habitability and Premises Liability
- Intellectual Property
Mr. Caplan is an experienced attorney who has represented individual, corporate clients, and institutional clients in a wide variety of both litigation and transactional capacities. He has litigated civil actions in state and federal court in the areas of corporate and partnership disputes, trade secrets, intellectual property disputes, environmental litigation and land use matters, complex asbestos and other toxic tort litigation, product liability claims, landlord-tenant disputes including habitability and premises liability, complex construction defect litigation, employment disputes, ERISA litigation, civil rights claims, and general liability matters. Mr. Caplan has also advocated for clients as counsel of record before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
During law school, Mr. Caplan also served in the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office, both as a volunteer law clerk for the Pasadena Branch Hard Core Gang Unit, and as a certified law clerk in the Preliminary Hearing Unit.
Previously, Mr. Caplan was an associate at Dongell Lawrence Finney LLP, and Albright, Yee and Schmit, APC.
- University of California, Santa Cruz, BA History, 2002
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2009
- Senior Research Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles International and Comparative Law Review
- Dean's Honor's List - 2007-2009
Admissions and Memberships
- The State Bar of California, 2009
- United States District Court for the Central, Southern, and Northern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals