Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Construction Defect
- General, Premises, and Products Liability
- Environmental, Toxic Tort, and Habitability
Ms. Atherton handles litigation matters for clients doing business in a wide variety of industries including construction, employment, the flavoring/food industry, apartment buildings, automobile dealerships, and night clubs. Ms. Atherton has worked on numerous toxic tort cases, including matters involving exposure to diacetyl, asbestos, and other alleged toxins. Ms. Atherton is experienced in all phases of litigation and regularly handles employment disputes, environmental and toxic torts cases, and general liability defense. During law school, Ms. Atherton gained valuable experience serving as a legal extern for the Directors' Guild of America, and as a research assistant to a law school professor.
Previously, Ms. Atherton was an associate at Dongell Lawrence Finney LLP where she represented clients in litigation matters, including those involving liability for environmental clean-up, employment and business disputes, and construction defect.
- University of California, Los Angeles, BA Cum Laude, English 2002
- Pepperdine University School of Law, JD 2005
- Student Articles Editor, Pepperdine Dispute Resolution Law Journal
Admissions and Memberships
- The State Bar of California, 2005
- United States District Court, 2005