Jason M. Boothjbooth@BoothLLP.com
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Construction Defect
- Environmental and Stormwater
- Habitability and Premises Liability
- Intellectual Property
- Toxic Tort and Products Liability
Mr. Booth is an AV rated litigator with significant experience in several areas of practice, and specializing in complex civil litigation. He handles a variety of toxic tort matters, focusing on industrial exposure cases. Mr. Booth has successfully coordinated industry wide defense efforts in toxic tort and environmental suits, serving as Defense Group Liaison Counsel in numerous large toxic tort and product liability cases. He has handled matters involving exposure to Benzene (and related chemicals), Diacetyl, metals and metal dusts, silica, pesticides, and various other alleged toxins. He has handled claims brought by plaintiffs suffering from Leukemia, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, Bronchiolitis Obliterans, Interstitial Lung Disease, Mesothelioma, Asbestosis, Asthma, Churg-Strauss Syndrome, and numerous other diseases and conditions.
Mr. Booth also has a significant construction defect litigation practice, handling a variety of matters on behalf of both general and subcontractors, dealing with both commercial and residential construction. He also defends habitability claims, including cases under the California Mobilehome Residency Law, landlord/tenant disputes (including class actions), and defends cases against home owners, landlords, and condominium associations, as well as premises liability and personal injury claims involving both residential and commercial properties.
Mr. Booth also litigates and advises clients regarding storm water issues, and has written and spoken extensively on the subject. Mr. Booth also regularly handles trademark, trade dress, and other intellectual property disputes, in industries ranging from consumer goods to entertainment to high tech products and services. In addition to his successes at the trial court level, Mr. Booth is an accomplished appellate advocate.
Previously, Mr. Booth was one of the six founding partners of Dongell Lawrence Finney LLP, formed in 2004. He is a former partner in Radcliff Dongell Lawrence LLP. He started his career with Baker & Hostetler, and previously practiced with Selman Breitman and Lynberg & Watkins in Los Angeles.
In addition to California, Mr. Booth has been admitted to practice in Nevada since 1997.
- University of California, Los Angeles, BA Cum Laude, English 1985
- Dean’s Honor List, 1984-1985
- Southwestern University School of Law, JD Cum Laude, 1989
- Editor-in-Chief, Southwestern University Law Review, 1988-89
- Dean’s Honor List, 1986-1989
Admissions and Memberships
- The State Bar of California, 1989
- United States District Court, 1989
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1990
- Nevada State Bar, 1997
- Defense Research Institute,
- Environmental and Toxic Tort sections
- Water Buffalo Club,
- An organization providing assistance to local, at-risk youth
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- "Who’ll Stop The Rain?" Article, published by the California Trucking Association in CalTrux, August 2008.
- "Industry Obligations Under California’s Stormwater Regulations," Speaker, California Cast Metals Association, 2006.
- "The Two Inch Tsunami: Assessing The Coming Flood And Its Possible Impact In The Construction Industry," Article, AON Construction Newsletter, 2007.
- "Contractual Indemnity Clauses In The Construction Industry - The Algebra Of Obligation," Speaker, AON Construction Risk Seminar, 2008.
- "What to Do When The Regulators Are At Your Door," Speaker, California Wineries Stormwater Monitoring Group And Metal Recyclers Stormwater Monitoring Group, 2005, 2007, 2009.
- "Hustler v. Falwell: Intentional Infliction Of Emotional Distress And The First Amendment," Southwestern University Law Review, 1989.